Wow. An unexpected snow day! I don’t know about you but I love snow days.
In between making plans with friends and catching up on school work, how about making some breakfast burritos for the Louisville Burrito Riders.
The recipe is simple and making 1 batch of burritos will be a great way to get the family, friends and neighbors involved. Not much cooking – just scrambling eggs and warming up the beans. Otherwise, all you are doing is assembling.
Most of you know about the Burrito Riders – they ride their bikes every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month, deliver breakfast burritos to anyone who is hungry and build relationships over a period of time.
You can message them on Facebook or via email and they will pick up or you can drop off. Or, you can message us and we will pick it up. You can make them pretty much anytime and just freeze them.
This has to be the easiest way to serve!
Here is the recipe:
• 2 packages large (at least 10″) flour tortillas
• 1 dozen eggs
• 3 cans of black beans (15 oz)
• 20oz of mild salsa
• 12oz shredded cheddar cheese
• 4 cups cooked rice
• Aluminum foil to wrap the burritos
• 2 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp garlic powder
1. Warm the black beans over medium heat. Add the cumin and garlic. Drain the excess liquid.
2. Scramble the eggs. Salt and Pepper to taste
3. Prepare the rice according to package directions
4. Combine rice, beans, salsa and eggs in a large contained. Stir it in gently until it is all mixed.
FOLDING THE BURRITO
1. On a large tortilla, place 1 cup mixture in the middle. Fold each end and roll the burrito to close.
2. Wrap the burrito with aluminum foil.
Here is a link to a video that shows the best way to assemble and fold the burrito:
You can contact them on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BurritoRiders/